Paul E. Niemeyer
Paul E. Niemeyer started his career in video game art by illustrating for industry legend P. Farris in the art department at Bally/Midway from 1982-1984. At Bally/Midway, Paul did art on games like Tapper, PacMan Plus, Super PacMan, Professor PacMan, TRON, Satan's Hollow, Spy Hunter, WACKO, and an endless, anonymous list of prototype games. In 1984, Paul went freelance and had a dual career as an designer/illustrator in the Chicago ad agencies, and a game art designer/illustrator for the video game community. Paul worked on a number of gaming projects as a freelancer, but none was more prestigious, or well known as Mortal Kombat. In 1992, Paul did the final illustrations of the Mortal Kombat logo and the artwork on the cabinet, control panels, and the header for MORTAL KOMBAT!
Through out the 1990's, Paul worked on promotional campaigns for movie properties like Little Mermaid, Jurassic Park II, Men in Black, Demolition Man, to name a few, as well as a myriad of ad campaigns for international companies and corporations.
In 2000, Paul helped start Eagle Games, where he was the creative director and designed & illustrated art for the games. In 2006, Paul opened a top 10 rated haunted attraction known as ABYSS Haunted House and ran it successfully until 2014. Since then, Paul designs and builds props for escape rooms, theme parks, haunted attractions and fests all over the world, as well as getting to meet all the fans of all those great games from so long ago!
Convention Guest Appearances
- Effing-Con 2022 - October 21-22, 2022 in Effingham, IL
- Pittsburgh Gaming Expo 2022 - October 1-2, 2022 in Monroeville, PA
- Cleveland Gaming Classic 2022 - September 24, 2022 in Cleveland, OH
- PwR^ South Bend 2022 - August 27-28, 2022 in South Bend, IN
- Game On Expo 2022 - August 5-7, 2022 in Phoenix, AZ
- Classic Game Fest 2022 - July 23-24, 2022 in Austin, TX
- Southern-Fried Gaming Expo 2022 - July 15-17, 2022 in Atlanta, GA
- Game On Expo 2019 - August 9-11, 2019 in Phoenix, AZ