April 8, 2006
News for Anime Expo 2006:
Anime Expo announces AniMatsuri illustration contest
Anaheim, California (April 7, 2006) -- Anime Expo® 2006 (AX2006) seeks a winning colorful design for 15th Anniversary Celebration Party. AX2006 will be held at the Anaheim Convention Center July 1-4, 2006. More information is available at http://www.anime-expo.org.
The winning illustration will be used to decorate the 15th Anniversary Cake during the Celebration Party. The winner will also be invited to attend the Celebration Party to have their picture taken with the cake, for press. Entrants are encouraged to incorporate the AniMatusri theme and any amount of Anime Expo® heritage, anime enthusiasm and high energy into the design. The Anime Expo® Anniversary Committee staff will select winning entry.
AniMatsuri Illustration Contest Rules:
- All entrants must be pre-registered or registered attendees of Anime Expo® 2006.
- All entrants must include, both, their real name and their artist name, if they have one, as well as which one they prefer to be used.
- All entries must be submitted in color and on paper of 8.5" x 11" dimensions. Please DO NOT fold submission!
- The AniMatsuri Illustration Contest is only open to amateur artists. Please, no professionals.
- Entries must be received at the SPJA Office by June 1st, 2006.
- All entries will be returned, via mail, to their respective artists after the Anime Expo® convention if a valid postal address is included.
- By entering this contest, the winning entrant agrees to let SPJA / Anime Expo® use their illustration for promotional purposes through the year 2006.
- All entries must be mailed, no online submissions.
- Please use USPS mail only.
All submissions should be sent to:
Attn: AniMatsuri Illustration Contest
SPJA / AnimeExpo
1733 S. Douglass Road, Suite G
Anaheim, California 92806
Located in Anaheim, California - Anime Expo®, the North America's largest anime/manga convention, serves to foster trade, commerce and the interests of the general public and animation/ comics industry. This event serves as a key meeting place for the general public to express their interest and explore various aspects of anime/manga, as well as for members of the industry to conduct business. AX 2006 will be held July 1 - 4, 2006 at the Anaheim Convention Center. More information can be found at its official website (www.anime-expo.org).
The Society for the Promotion of Japanese Animation (SPJA) is a non-profit organization with a mission to popularize and educate the American public about anime and manga, as well as provide a forum to facilitate communication between professionals and fans. This organization is more popularly known by its entertainment property - Anime Expo®. More information can be found at its official website (www-spja.org).