Keone Young is legendary for many of his voice over credits which include Grandpa in American Dragon: Jake Long, Kaz in Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi, Mr. Sanban in Codename: Kids Next Door, the Firebending master Jeong Jeong in the Asian-influenced Avatar: The Last Airbender, Storm Shadow in the Sunbow G.I. Joe animated series, the Hard Master in G.I. Joe: Renegades, Mr. Wu on Nickelodeon's show The Mighty B!, Babaram on Surf Ninjas Marshall Kai Ti Chang in Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb, Silver Samurai in X-Men: The Official Game and Wolverine and the X-Men, Sensei in Young Justice, Chen Stormstout in the World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria expansion and Heroes of the Storm by Blizzard Entertainment, and Commander Sato in Star Wars Rebels. Recently, he appeared as Kojiro Sasaki in Record of Ragnarok, Tsunetomo Yamamoto in Godzilla: Singular Point, and will be appearing in the new Anime Star Wars: Visions project playing the role of Kamahachi.
He has been prolific in his character work and has made numerous guest appearances on such varied television series as Head of the Class, Diff'rent Strokes, The Golden Girls, Murphy Brown, Mad About You, Family Matters, Futurama, The Simpsons, Alias, JAG, The Steve Harvey Show, Zeke and Luther, Shake It Up: Made In Japan and on the daytime soaps The Young and the Restless and Generations. He also portrayed the bodyguard of the Ancient One (Keye Luke) during the Asian Quarter storyline on General Hospital.
Young played Dr. Michael Kwan on the short-lived multi-ethnic medical drama Kay O'Brien, which aired in the fall of 1986 on CBS. Despite the fact that the network had high hopes for the series, just 9 of 13 episodes were aired. He was also a semi-regular on the HBO series Deadwood as Mr. Wu and played Henry Lin's Uncle on the FX series Sons of Anarchy. He also played Mr. Wu, unrelated to the Deadwood character, in the movie Men in Black 3, played the role of Ellison Onizuka In the TV film Challenger, and HBO's True Blood as Dr. Hido Takahashi, the man responsible for inventing the titular blood substitute.
Young also has several Star Trek links: he played Buck Bokai, a famous baseball player in the 24th century in the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episode "If Wishes Were Horses". He also played Hoshi Sato's father in the Star Trek: Enterprise episode "Vanishing Point". Young appeared as Governor Ho in the movie North starring Elijah Wood.
Convention Guest Appearances
- Missouri Comic Con 2023 - February 11-12, 2023 in Springfield, MO
- Pasadena Comic Con 2023 - January 29, 2023 in Pasadena, CA 2022
- Comic Con Okinawa 2022 - December 3-4, 2022 in Okinawa, Japan
- Rhode Island Comic Con 2022 - November 4-6, 2022 in Providence, RI
- Louisiana Comic Con Lafayette 2022 - October 1-2, 2022 in Lafayette, LA
- TerrifiCon 2022 - July 29-31, 2022 in Uncasville, CT
- Retro Expo 2022 - July 16-17, 2022 in Plano, TX
- JoeFest 2022 - June 24-26, 2022 in Augusta, GA
- Robo Toy Fest 2022 - May 15, 2022 in Pasadena, CA
- Simi Valley Toy and Comic Fest 2022 - February 6, 2022 in Simi Valley, CA 2021
- Anime Pasadena 2021 - December 11-12, 2021 in Pasadena, CA
- Retro-Toy Con 2021 - November 19-21, 2021 in Greenville, SC
- Cincinnati Comic Expo 2021 - September 17-19, 2021 in Cincinnati, OH
- SacAnime 2021 - September 3-5, 2021 in Sacramento, CA 2019
- GalaxyCon Raleigh 2019 - July 25-28, 2019 in Raleigh, NC
15 confirmed guest appearances