Dirk Benedict grew up in While Sulphur Springs and learned how to hunt and fish. He enjoyed a variety of sports as well especially football. When he was at Whitman College in Walla Walla, Washington, Dirk was exposed to acting and fell in love with the stage. When Dirk was 18, his father passed away and it was very hard for him. When Dirk found out he had prostate cancer, he decided to cure his cancer an unconventional way. He moved to a cottage and followed a strict macrobiotic diet. Dirk got the role as Starbuck in "Battlestar Galactica" in 1978. A few years later, he played Templeton 'Faceman' Peck in "The A-Team."
Dirk is also the author of two books, "Confessions of a Kamikaze Cowboy" and "And Then We Went Fishing". "Confessions of a Kamikaze Cowboy" is about his rise in Hollywood and his battle with cancer and how he used the Macrobiotic approach to cure himself.
Convention Guest Appearances
- Fanboy Expo Columbus Convention 2022 - May 27-29, 2022 in Columbus, OH
- Lexington Comic & Toy Convention 2022 - March 24-27, 2022 in Lexington, KY
- Retro Expo 2022 - March 18-19, 2022 in Plano, TX
- Grand Rapids Comic-Con 2021 - November 12-14, 2021 in Grand Rapids, MI
- ICT Comic Con and Science Fiction Expo 2021 - September 11-12, 2021 in Wichita, KS
- SiliCon 2021 - August 28-29, 2021 in San Jose, CA
- Pensacon 2021 - May 21-23, 2021 in Pensacola, FL
- Wintercon 2019 - November 22-24, 2019 in Jamaica, NY
- All-Con Dallas 2019 - March 14-17, 2019 in Addison, TX
- Lucca Comics and Games 2011 - October 28 - November 1, 2011 in Lucca, Italy