Los Angeles, CA
Long before voicing the role of Prince Sidon in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, James D. Mortellaro spent his college internships at the Oprah Winfrey Show and Harpo Productions where he booked audience members and guests for the show. His duties also included writing and producing promotional segments for the Oprah Winfrey Show and the show's affiliates.
He was then recruited as a producer and then copywriter at Leo Burnett Advertising in Chicago, Illinois. During his ten years there he established campaigns for many companies including; Miller Brewing, Proctor & Gamble, Kraft, McDonalds, GM, Reebok, and Nintendo to name a few.
James is a member of the Directors Guild of America (DGA) and has directed numerous live action commercials for high profile companies such as Disney, Nintendo, FOX Television, McDonalds, Orbitz, DeLL, Kellogg's, and Reebok.
Along with commercials, James has directed some of the most successful billion dollar video game franchises in the world. He has cast, directed motion capture and voice-over for franchises such as the Halo 4 & 5, Hitman Absolution & Hitman 2016, Final Fantasy 13.3, 14, Mobius and Kingsglaive, along with his latest games Horizon Zero Dawn and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. He also has game writing credits for the Hitman franchise, Let it Die, and a two more soon to be released titles.
Convention Guest Appearances
- Anime USA 2023 - September 22-24, 2023 in Arlington, VA
- 2D Con 2023 - August 25-27, 2023 in Minneapolis, MN
- New Mexico Comic & Film Expo 2021 - October 29-31, 2021 in Albuquerque, NM
- GalaxyCon Raleigh 2019 - July 25-28, 2019 in Raleigh, NC
- SacAnime 2019 - June 7-9, 2019 in Sacramento, CA
- Daisho Con 2018 - November 16-18, 2018 in Wisconsin Dells, WI
- Nadeshicon 2018 - April 6-8, 2018 in Quebec City, QC, Canada