Eugene "Rod" Roddenberry, Jr.
Writer / Technical Advisor
Rod is the son of legendary science fiction producer Gene Roddenberry, whose Star Trek series changed the face of television. In 2001, Rod became chief executive officer of Roddenberry Entertainment and the company continues to develop and produce an evolving slate of smart, provocative science fiction projects. Rod established The Roddenberry Foundation in 2010 in order to provide support to organizations and individuals addressing critical global issues in the areas of science, technology, the environment, education and humanitarian advances.
A certified scuba diver for more than two decades, Rod has undertaken more than 1,000 dives in exotic locations around the world. His passion moved him to establish the Roddenberry Dive Team that recently evolved into Roddenberry Adventures. Through outdoor and underwater activities, its continuing mission is to invite people to discover the beauty and diversity of life, gain an appreciation for the planet we share, and feel motivated toward its stewardship.
Convention Guest Appearances
- Official Star Trek Convention 2018 - August 1-5, 2018 in Las Vegas, NV
- Silicon Valley Comic Con 2017 - April 21-23, 2017 in San Jose, CA
- HawaiiCon 2016 - September 15-18, 2016 in Puako, HI
- Star Trek: Mission New York 2016 - September 2-4, 2016 in New York, NY
- Official Star Trek Convention 2016 - August 3-7, 2016 in Las Vegas, NV
- Silicon Valley Comic Con 2016 - March 18-20, 2016 in San Jose, CA
- Cleveland ConCoction 2014 - May 30 - June 1, 2014 in Cleveland, OH
- Concinnity 2004 - April 17-18, 2004 in Milwaukee, WI
- MegaCon 2002 - February 22-24, 2002 in Orlando, FL