Having majored in English Literature and Journalism in college, Mary always sought opportunities to write. In 1994, when the late ADR director, Kevin Seymour, was looking for new writers, Mary jumped at the opportunity to work with him. She got her first chance to write an ADR script for episode 3 of the anime classic, Giant Robo. Deemed a success by Kevin, this launched her 22--year career writing dubbing scripts for animation and live action.
Over the past two decades, Mary has written for numerous Japanese animated projects including Wings of Honneamise, El Hazard, Catnapped, Ghost in the Shell, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Ghost in the Shell: Innocence, SAC: Solid State Society, Dot Hack, Devil May Cry, Bushido Blade, Street Fighter II, Black Jack, Big O, Armitage (features and series), Ah! My Goddess, Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, The Castle of Cagliostro, Resident Evil: Degeneration, Code Geass, Kekkaishi, and Laws of the Universe.
Mary continues to work as a freelance ADR writer for animation and live action projects. She also contributes articles for print and on--line magazines and is currently working on her own book endeavors.
Convention Guest Appearances
- Animé Los Angeles 2020 - January 9-12, 2020 in Ontario, CA 2019
- Anime Festival Wichita 2019 - August 23-25, 2019 in Wichita, KS
- Animé Los Angeles 2019 - January 10-13, 2019 in Ontario, CA 2018
- Con+Alt+Delete 2018 - December 14-16, 2018 in Rosemont, IL
- Anime California 2018 - August 17-19, 2018 in Burbank, CA
- Kitsune Kon 2018 - July 20-22, 2018 in Green Bay, WI
- Ronin-Expo 2018 - June 2, 2018 in Los Angeles, CA
- Anime Conji 2018 - June 1-3, 2018 in San Diego, CA
- Animé Los Angeles 2018 - January 25-28, 2018 in Ontario, CA 2017
- Hanadoki Con 2017 - April 14-16, 2017 in San Diego, CA
- Animé Los Angeles 2017 - January 27-29, 2017 in Ontario, CA
11 confirmed guest appearances