Thomas William Hiddleston was born in Westminster, London, to English-born Diana Patricia (Servaes) and Scottish-born James Norman Hiddleston. His mother is a former stage manager, and his father, a scientist, was the managing director of a pharmaceutical company.
He started off at the preparatory school, The Dragon School in Oxford, and by the time he was 13, he boarded at Eton College, at the same time that his parents were going through a divorce. He continued on to the University of Cambridge, where he earned a double first in Classics. He graduated from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in 2005.
Whilst at University of Cambridge, he was seen by the agency 'Hamilton Hodell' in the play 'A Streetcar named Desire' and was signed. Following this, he was cast in his first television role in 'The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby (2001) (TV)'. Hiddleston won his first film role as Oakley in Joanna Hogg's award-winning first feature, 'Unrelated (2007)'. His breakthrough role came when he portrayed Loki in the 2011 Marvel Studios feature film 'Thor (2011)' and reprised the role in the mega-hit 'The Avengers (2012)' and 'Thor: The Dark World (2013)'.
Convention Guest Appearances
- MCM Comic Con London 2021 - October 22-24, 2021 in London, UK
ACE Comic Con Northeast 2020 - March 20-22, 2020 in Boston, MAConvention Cancelled
- New York Comic Con 2019 - October 3-6, 2019 in New York, NY
- Ace Comic Con Arizona 2019 - January 11-13, 2019 in Glendale, AZ
- Tokyo Comic Con 2018 - November 30 - December 2, 2018 in Tokyo, Japan
- Ace Comic Con Midwest 2018 - October 12-14, 2018 in Chicago, IL
- Ace Comic Con Seattle 2018 - June 22-24, 2018 in Seattle, WA
- Wizard World Comic Con Philadelphia 2016 - June 2-5, 2016 in Philadelphia, PA