John Romita, Jr.
John Romita Jr. is the son of John Romita, Sr., the co-creator of several notable Spider-Man stories in the 1960s and 1970s. He began his career at Marvel UK, doing sketches for covers of reprints: his debut was with a six pages story in Amazing Spider-Man Annual #4.
Romita's early popularity was based on his run on Iron Man with writer David Michelinie and artist Bob Layton, began in 1976. In the early-1980s, he had his first regular run on the Amazing Spider-Man series. Working with writer Roger Stern he co created the character Hobgoblin and he drew an issue in which Spider-Man would encounter the Juggernaut and the Juggernaut would end up traped in cement foundations. From 1983 to 1986 he had a run on Uncanny X-Men with author Chris Claremont which brought him immense popularity, as the X-Men had become a huge industry phenomenon by that time.
In the late 1980s and early 1990s, Romita enjoyed an acclaimed stint on Daredevil with writer Ann Nocenti and Eisner Award-winning inker Al Williamson, noted for its creation of long-running Daredevil nemesis Typhoid Mary. Working for Daredevil Romita defined his style and left definitively behind every uncertainty which was still present in the X-Men pages.
Romita later collaborated with Frank Miller on a Daredevil origin story entitled Man Without Fear, considered to be a companion of sorts to Miller's Batman: Year One tale. Romita worked on a host of Marvel titles during the 1990s, including The Punisher War Zone, the Cable mini-series, The Mighty Thor, a return to Iron Man for the second Armor War written by John Byrne, and the Punisher/Batman cross-over.
In the 2000s, Romita again came to prominence for his second run illustrating The Amazing Spider-Man for writer J. Michael Straczynski. He drew Marvel's Wolverine with author Mark Millar as part of the character's thirtieth-anniversary celebration. As of 2005, Romita's art is currently on display in Black Panther, The Sentry as well as Ultimate Vision, a back up story featured in the Ultimate line, written by author Mark Millar.
Convention Guest Appearances
- CCXP 2019 - December 5-8, 2019 in São Paulo, SP, Brazil
- Comic Con Honolulu 2019 - August 2-4, 2019 in Honolulu, HI 2018
- MCM Comic Con London 2018 - October 26-28, 2018 in London, UK
- New York Comic Con 2018 - October 4-7, 2018 in New York, NY
- Ace Comic Con Arizona 2018 - January 13-15, 2018 in Glendale, AZ 2016
- New York Comic Con 2016 - October 6-9, 2016 in New York, NY
- Puerto Rico Comic Con 2016 - May 20-22, 2016 in San Juan, Puerto Rico
- WonderCon 2016 - March 25-27, 2016 in Los Angeles, CA
- Monaco Anime Game International Conferences 2016 - February 27, 2016 in Monaco 2015
- Amazing Hawaii Comic Con 2015 - September 18-20, 2015 in Honolulu, HI
- Amazing Houston Comic Con 2015 - September 4-6, 2015 in Houston, TX
- Florida Supercon 2015 - June 25-28, 2015 in Miami, FL
- Amazing Las Vegas Comic Convention 2015 - June 19-21, 2015 in Las Vegas, NV
- London Super Comic Convention 2015 - March 14-15, 2015 in London, UK
- Magic City Comic Con 2015 - January 16-18, 2015 in Miami, FL 2014
- New York Comic Con 2014 - October 9-12, 2014 in New York, NY
- Florida Supercon 2014 - July 3-6, 2014 in Miami, FL 2013
- Stan Lee's Comikaze Expo 2013 - November 1-3, 2013 in Los Angeles, CA
- Comic-Con International: San Diego 2013 - July 18-21, 2013 in San Diego, CA 1982
- Dallas Fantasy Fair 1982 - June 10-13, 1982 in Dallas, TX
20 confirmed guest appearances