With no formal art training, Tenjin has staked his claim as one of the premier illustrators in Japan, having drafted mechanical art for the Macross, Gundam, and Space Battleship Yamato franchises. This artwork includes model box covers, DVD covers, art books, and mechanical designs for some of the later shows.
Tenjin began drawing Macross' signature fighter, the VF-1 Valkyrie, while he was still in college for a personal fansite. His love extended to doing pinups for the Macross Chronicle, a weekly fan publication, which eventually led to doing work for another fan publication, the Space Battleship Yamato Fact File. Since then, Tenjin has illustrated the box art for several Gundam Master Grade model kits for Bandai and the cover for the PlayStation 2 game Gradius V.
Tenjin's earlier works also led to him to become the main visual artist or special effects artist for numerous anime including Macross Zero, Macross Frontier, Hellsing Ultimate, Gundam Evolve, the Saint Seiya movie, and Genesis of Aquarion. This year, Tenjin can be found as the cover artist of the Japanese version of Sony's Starhawk and as the mecha artist of the TV series, DVD/BD packaging covers and promotional artwork for Aquarion EVOL.
Convention Guest Appearances
- Japan Expo 2018 - July 5-8, 2018 in Paris, France
- Animazement 2017 - May 26-28, 2017 in Raleigh, NC
- Beijing Comic Convention 2016 - June 9-10, 2016 in Beijing, China
- Animazement 2016 - May 27-29, 2016 in Raleigh, NC
- MCM London Comic Con 2015 - May 22-24, 2015 in London, UK
- Macross World Convention 2013 - October 5, 2013 in Torrance, CA
- Otakon 2012 - July 27-29, 2012 in Baltimore, MD