Writer / Producer
Steven Moffat is a Scottish television writer and producer.
Moffat's first television work was the teen drama series Press Gang. His first sitcom, Joking Apart, was inspired by the breakdown of his first marriage; conversely, his later sitcom Coupling was based upon the development of his relationship with television producer Sue Vertue. In between the two relationship-centred shows, he wrote Chalk, a sitcom set in a comprehensive school inspired by his own experience as an English teacher.
A lifelong fan of Doctor Who, Moffat has written several episodes of the revived version and succeeded Russell T Davies as lead writer and executive producer when production of its fifth series began in 2009. He co-wrote The Adventures of Tintin for director Steven Spielberg, a project he left for his new senior role on Doctor Who. He co-created Sherlock, an adaptation of the Sherlock Holmes detective stories.
Many of the programmes upon which he has worked have won awards, including BAFTAs and Hugo Awards for some of his episodes of Doctor Who.
Convention Guest Appearances
- Gallifrey One 2018 - February 16-18, 2018 in Los Angeles, CA 2017
- Sherlocked 2017 - October 27-29, 2017 in Birmingham, UK
- Sherlocked 2017 - May 26-28, 2017 in Los Angeles, CA 2016
- New York Comic Con 2016 - October 6-9, 2016 in New York, NY
- Sherlocked 2016 - September 23-25, 2016 in London, UK 2015
- Doctor Who Festival 2015 - November 21-22, 2015 in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- MCM London Comic Con 2015 - October 23-25, 2015 in London, UK
- Sherlocked 2015 - April 24-26, 2015 in London, UK 2012
- Doctor Who Official Convention 2012 - March 24-25, 2012 in Cardiff, UK 2008
- Gallifrey One 2008 - February 15-17, 2008 in Los Angeles, CA 2007
- Gallifrey One 2007 - February 16-18, 2007 in Los Angeles, CA 2006
- Gallifrey One 2006 - February 17-19, 2006 in Los Angeles, CA