Chapel Hill, NC
See also: Bandcamp
SkyBlew uses his sincere, substantive lyrics and soulful sound to breathe life into a genre saturated with gimmicks. He aims to change the world with his music whilst lighting up the sky, turning night into day, coloring our world, and following the directive: "Paint The Sky, Blew!!!"
His distinctive sound is attributed to the diversity of his idols. His musical influences include Jay-Z, Charles Hamilton, Lupe Fiasco, Blu, Common Market, Nappy Roots, Blue Scholars, Amy Winehouse, Little Brother, Common, and a host of other artists from all genres. His studies have taken him full circle in the history of Hip-Hop.
SkyBlew is featured on some of the most notable blogs in cyberspace such as DJBooth, 2DopeBoyz, KevinNottingham, and more. He has shared the stage with some of the finest artists in the business, including Slick Rick, Jedi Mind Tricks, Kendrick Lamar, Chris Webby, Jean Grae, Rapper Big Pooh, and more from North Carolina. He has sponsorships with clothing companies: Tilteed, Acropolis, and Team Thesis. He is also negotiating a backpack endorsement.
SkyBlew is destined for great things. His exposure is growing exponentially on the regional, national, and international levels. With over 1M (million) views on MySpace and around 5000 friends on FaceBook, he is painting the sky an elevated shade of blew. He has over 100,000 downloads of his newest album, released last month.
He is a huge gamer, anime & comic lover. A lot of his songs pay tribute.
Convention Guest Appearances
- J1-Con 2019 - November 2-3, 2019 in Atlantic City, NJ
- New Jersey Gamer Con 2019 - July 26-28, 2019 in Cherry Hill, NJ
- Kigacon 2019 - March 15-17, 2019 in Newport News, VA
- Anime Weekend Atlanta 2017 - September 28 - October 1, 2017 in Atlanta, GA
- Gamga Con 2017 - June 10, 2017 in Greensboro, NC
- NashiCon 2017 - March 31 - April 2, 2017 in Columbia, SC
- Orlando Nerd Fest 2015 - August 7-10, 2015 in Orlando, FL
- Hoshicon 2013 - June 28-30, 2013 in Winston-Salem, NC
- HamaCon 2012 - June 1-3, 2012 in Huntsville, AL