Wendy Padbury trained at the Aida Foster Stage School and made her TV debut on the BBC arts program Monitor soon after starting the course. More TV work followed and, by the age of seventeen, she had landed a regular role in the ATV soap opera Crossroads.
Soon after this, she applied for the role of "Zoe" on Doctor Who. After several rounds of auditions and a screen test at Lime Grove, she was given the job. Although the production team tried to persuade her to stay on at the end of season six (and she was tempted to do so), she decided to leave at the same time as her co-stars Patrick Troughton and Frazer Hines. She then worked in the theatre and, in the early seventies, appeared in three seasons of the Southern TV children's series Freewheelers.
In the 1990s she became a theatrical agent, and has counted several fellow former Doctor Who cast members as part of her roster.
She continues her role of Zoe in the Doctor Who audio adventures recorded by Big Finish Productions.
Convention Guest Appearances
- Utopia 2020 - June 12-14, 2020 in Wyboston, Bedford, UK
- Film & Comic Con Birmingham 2019 - June 1-2, 2019 in Birmingham, UK
- Utopia 2019 - May 3-5, 2019 in North Leigh, Witney, UK
(Re)Generation Who 2019 - March 29-31, 2019 in Rockville, MDConvention Cancelled
- Film & Comic Con Cardiff 2019 - March 9-10, 2019 in Cardiff, UK
- Chicago TARDIS 2018 - November 23-25, 2018 in Lombard, IL
- The Sci-Fi Sea Cruise 2018 - September 21-28, 2018 in Departing from Seattle, WA
- Utopia 2018 - June 8-10, 2018 in North Leigh, Witney, UK
- Gallifrey One 2018 - February 16-18, 2018 in Los Angeles, CA
- Chicago TARDIS 2014 - November 28-30, 2014 in Lombard, IL