Barbara Randall Kesel is a writer and editor of comic books; her bibliography includes work for DC Comics, Marvel Comics, Crossgen, Image Comics and Dark Horse Comics. At Dark Horse, Kesel was part of Team CGW, responsible for most of the design and creation of the setting and characters in the Golden City location. Kesel initially came into the comics world after writing a 10-page letter to editor Dick Giordano regarding the portrayal of female comic book characters. She was married to fellow comic book writer Karl Kesel; they have since divorced.
In 1995, she was a Harvey Award Nominee for Best Anthology and Best Graphic Album of Previously Published Material for, respectively, Instant Piano and Hellboy: Seed Of Destruction. She was nominated again in 1996 for Hellboy: The Wolves of St. August and won the award for Best Graphic Album of Previously Published Work.
Kesel is a very outspoken opponent of sexism in the comic book industry. She is known for her strong female characters, influencing her husband's work on Lois Lane in the Superman titles and creating Grace, the ruler of the Golden City location in Comics' Greatest World.
She is currently part of book packaging company The Pack, alongside Lee Nordling, Brian Augustyn, Gordon Kent and Dave Olbrich.
Convention Guest Appearances
Denver Pop Culture Con 2020 - July 3-5, 2020 in Denver, COConvention Postponed
- Bakersfield Comic-Con 2019 - November 16-17, 2019 in Bakersfield, CA
- Long Beach Comic Expo 2019 - February 16-17, 2019 in Long Beach, CA
- Big Wow! ComicFest 2013 - May 18-19, 2013 in San Jose, CA
- Long Beach Comic & Horror Con 2012 - November 3-4, 2012 in Long Beach, CA
- Wizard World Chicago 2003 - August 8-10, 2003 in Rosemont, IL
- MegaCon 2003 - February 28 - March 2, 2003 in Orlando, FL
- Wizard World East 2002 - May 10-12, 2002 in Philadelphia, PA
- MegaCon 2002 - February 22-24, 2002 in Orlando, FL