While studying at Waseda University, Yoko Kanno made her first debut as a member of "Tetsu 100%" which was released from CBS Sony. After the group split up, she became a composer/arranger for commercials, animation, movies, games and TV series. Known as a great master of animation music, her best works include Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Cowboy Bebop, MACROSS Frontier, Genesis of Aquarion, and The Vision of Escaflowne. She has also written and produced songs for artists such as SMAP, May'n, YUKI, Miki Imai, Maaya Sakamoto, Kyoko Koizumi, Crystal Kay, T.M Revolution, Shione Yukawa, Chitose Hajime, YOSHIKA, ORIGA and more.
Her recent performances include in 2008 the "Galaxy Tour" for MACROSS Frontier as well as in 2009 for the "YOKO KANNO SEATBELTS / Chojiku Tanabata Sonic" event of which both were sold out almost immediately.
For the recently released movie Petal Dance which came out in April 2013, she wrote a piano soundtrack which she performs herself. The piano score will be released from her own label PIANO. In summer 2013, she plans to release a score of "Song of departure, which is A Cappella Arrangements for Male Voices."
Convention Guest Appearances
- Otakon 2013 - August 9-11, 2013 in Baltimore, MD
- Anime Expo 2010 - July 1-4, 2010 in Los Angeles, CA
- Anime Expo New York 2002 - August 31 - September 2, 2002 in New York, NY
- Big Apple Anime Fest 2002 - August 30 - September 2, 2002 in New York, NY
- New York Anime Film Festival 2000 - October 6-8, 2000 in New York, NY
- Anime Expo 1999 - July 16-18, 1999 in Anaheim, CA
- Otakon 1999 - July 2-4, 1999 in Baltimore, MD