Krystal "Kudrel" Messier
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Kudrel is a Master level cosplayer and costume accessory designer from Ottawa, Ontario. She got into cosplaying back in 2004; attending the first AC-Cubed, and has been addicted ever since. She's won over 10 awards for her costumes including Best in Class in several divisions and Best in Show. She has also had the pleasure of becoming Co-Founder of a line of costume accessories called Steampixie.
Why can't she stop? She thrives off the creative challenges of bringing the most otherworldly fictional characters to life and tackling some new skill or technique with every new project. She believes that a cosplayer's work is never done because the possibilities are endless! Her personal goals are to stand out and take on cosplays no one else dares, to add substance where others see only a beauty contest, and to bewilder others and make them go "Wow! You don't see that enough!"
She strongly wants to inspire other cosplayers to push their limits and not be afraid of being different. Cosplay isn't about being the hottest or prettiest version of **insert overly done popular character name here**! It is about having fun and empowering yourself. It's about being an artist and being free to accomplish anything and everything.
Oh, and one last thing: Caffeine and anything purple are her most favourite things!
Convention Guest Appearances
- Quinte Mini Con 2017 - November 18-19, 2017 in Belleville, ON, Canada
- ConBravo! 2014 - July 18-20, 2014 in Hamilton, ON, Canada
- Con-G 2014 - February 21-23, 2014 in Guelph, ON, Canada
- ConBravo! 2013 - July 26-28, 2013 in Hamilton, ON, Canada
- Con-G 2013 - February 22-24, 2013 in Guelph, ON, Canada
- ConBravo! 2012 - July 27-29, 2012 in Burlington, ON, Canada
- Con-G 2012 - February 25-26, 2012 in Guelph, ON, Canada
- G-Anime 2012 - January 27-29, 2012 in Gatineau, QC, Canada
- ConBravo! 2011 - July 30-31, 2011 in Burlington, ON, Canada