Don S. Davis
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Don Sinclair Davis (August 4, 1942 - June 29, 2008) was an American character actor, theatre professor, painter and captain in the United States Army.
He was perhaps best known for playing General George S. Hammond in the Canadian-American military science fiction television series Stargate SG-1, (1997-2007), and earlier for playing Major Garland Briggs on the television series Twin Peaks (1990-91). In the TV show MacGyver, he was the stunt/photography double for Dana Elcar. He was often mistaken for Elcar, and vice-versa. Davis did appear in two episodes of MacGyver, as a different character each time. His first appearance was as a cement truck driver in the episode "Blow Out", and his second appearance was as the poacher Wyatt Porter in "The Endangered". He also played Dana Scully's father in the series The X-Files. Canadian audiences may also be familiar with Davis thanks to his appearance in one of the famous Heritage Minutes, in which he played an arrogant American gold prospector who pulls a gun on Mountie Sam Steele. He also played the role of the Racine Belles' manager in the movie A League of Their Own. He also had a guest starring role in the pilot episode of the comedy-drama television series Psych, playing the character of Mr. McCallum.
Convention Guest Appearances
- Official Stargate SG-1 Convention 2005 - July 8-10, 2005 in Burbank, CA
- Official Stargate SG-1 Convention 2004 - August 27-29, 2004 in Rosemont, IL
- Gatecon 2003 - September 11-14, 2003 in Richmond, BC, Canada
- Armageddon Pulp Culture Expo Wellington 2002 - November 23-24, 2002 in Wellington, New Zealand
- Armageddon Pulp Culture Expo Auckand 2001 - February 10-11, 2001 in Auckland, New Zealand