Artist / Writer
John Bivens' work has appeared in the Eisner and Harvey Award winning Comic Book Tattoo, the Harvey Award winning Popgun volume 4, and the Harvey nominated Reading with Pictures. He has also received nominations for an Eagle Award and a Ghastly Award. He has worked for IMAGE Comics, Heavy Metal Magazine, Vault Comics, Valiant Comics, IDW Publishing. and others.
John's work spans the genres of crime, horror, science fiction, fantasy, romance, and education. His education includes the undergraduate illustration program at Northern Illinois University and the Graduate program at Minneapolis College of Art and Design. He has taught as an adjunct professor at Northern Illinois University, Dakota County Technical College, and participated in multiple visiting workshops and panels.
John currently resides in Minneapolis, MN where he is a proud member of World Monster HQ studios.
Convention Guest Appearances
- SiouxperCon 2023 - September 29 - October 1, 2023 in Sioux Falls, SD
- Planet Funk Con 2023 - August 25-27, 2023 in Davenport, IA
- Minnesota Con 2023 - June 2-4, 2023 in Minneapolis, MN
- Fargo Pop Expo 2023 - April 22-23, 2023 in West Fargo, ND 2022
- Twin Cities Con 2022 - November 11-13, 2022 in Minneapolis, MN
- SiouxperCon 2022 - September 30 - October 2, 2022 in Sioux Falls, SD
- Fargo Pop Expo 2022 - April 23-24, 2022 in West Fargo, ND 2021
- ValleyCon 2021 - October 14-17, 2021 in Fargo, ND 2020
- Fargo Moorhead Comicon 2020 - February 22-23, 2020 in Fargo, ND 2019
- MSP Spring Con 2019 - May 18-19, 2019 in St. Paul, MN 2018
- MCBA Fall ComiCon 2018 - October 6, 2018 in St Paul, MN 2014
- Meta Con 2014 - October 31 - November 2, 2014 in Minneapolis, MN 2013
- Anime Central 2013 - May 17-19, 2013 in Rosemont, IL 2012
- QC Anime-zing! 2012 - June 1-3, 2012 in Davenport, IA
- Anime Central 2012 - April 27-29, 2012 in Rosemont, IL 2011
- QC Anime-zing! 2011 - June 17-19, 2011 in Davenport, IA
- Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo 2011 - March 18-20, 2011 in Chicago, IL
17 confirmed guest appearances