"The Hsu-nami", named after founder Jack Hsu, are known for their virtuosic "Erhu" melodies intertwined with heavy guitar riffs and tasteful guitar solos signifying the "progressive Asian sound scape".
The Hsu-nami are a progressive rock instrumental band becoming known as the first Er-hu Rock Group in America. Their music features a high level of musicianship that fusions metal, psychedelic rock, progressive rock and funk. While incorporating the use of an amplified "Erhu", a two-string bowed instrument that is often used in Chinese classical music and folk ensembles to take the place of lead vocals.
Hsu-nami's music is featured in the 2008 Summer Olympic in Beijing. The track "Rising of the sun" was the theme music representing the Chinese Basketball team entrance theme.
Convention Guest Appearances
- KotoriCon 2014 - January 10-11, 2014 in Sewell, NJ
- NatsuCon 2010 - July 16-18, 2010 in St. Louis, MO
- Sakura-Con 2010 - April 2-4, 2010 in Seattle, WA
- PortConMaine 2009 - June 18-21, 2009 in South Portland, ME
- Another Anime Convention 2008 - October 17-19, 2008 in Nashua, NH
- Armageddicon 2008 - April 11-13, 2008 in Columbus, OH
- Tekkoshocon 2008 - April 11-13, 2008 in Pittsburgh, PA
- TandokuCon 2007 - November 9-11, 2007 in Philadelphia, PA
- Zenkaikon 2007 - October 13, 2007 in King of Prussia, PA